Thursday, May 28, 2009

Using Second Liffe

I have been checking other virtual worlds and still love Second Life. Sure the interface is a challenge, moving around, and all of that ..however for the most part if you transfer what you know about moving around the web, video games, and use of other software much of what you do in second life will be intuitive.

I have been in Metaplace, Hobba and World of Warcraft. I had a 10 day free trial to World of Warcraft...I actually like World of Warcraft and truly if I had more time in my life I would spend more of it in there. Reality is though there is so much stuff going on in my life I don' t have time for another life there!

New virtual worlds will start up, eventually these worlds will fold into others and create larger worlds...we are on the precipice of a revolution in the use of virtual worlds...as those who give the use of virtual words a voice and a vision have credibility we will see the use increase.


The virtual world company that will be at the forefront? The one that recognizes that they have the potential to make the world flat, that this is a 24/7 worlds, and that users rock this world all the time..downtime and maintenance issues will occur..how can those fixes be put into place to respect the needs of all users?

I still envision a world that meets the needs of all users. Provides for global meetings .... music...and respect for all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment