Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflections

I tend to not get too personal in my blogs but today I have spent sometime reflecting back on the past few years and how pivotal they have been. I can say with certainty that these three years will define the rest of my life as I go forward in my future. 

I have lost both of my parents in the last three years, changed jobs twice, and moved three or four times ..I have lost track and not sure what would count so .. let’s just say that.  I have sold two house and bought one ---settled my parent’s estate and moved on.    In all honesty at some point I lost all emotion..I did not react I just did what needed done.  At the time it all seemed right and now I can’t look back I cannot change the past.

I have learned alot .. alot about myself and some of you helped me along the way..some of you know it and some of you may not.  Some things I learned were surprising and still continue to surprise me today.. but what it all comes down to is I love the experiences of life and my interactions with all of you.  

I have gone halfway around the world, something I never would have thought possible!  My trip to China was phenomenal .. here is some of the food and other things:
I also had a great vacation with summer with my husband through Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and home again.  We both agreed it was the best vacation ever..now we are planning the next one.

IMAG0097
IMAG0094
IMAG0141

IMAG0139

IMAG0142
July 2011 trip 201

July 2011 trip 252

July 2011 trip 324

July 2011 trip 354

I have learned a great deal about the career I have chosen in education, my experiences have allowed me to improve my interactions with others.   I have learned a great deal about the philosophical tenets behind Open Education, the strong foundation and spirit behind People’s University and P2P, and traditional education.   I feel very fortunate right now doing some extraordinary things with some great people in education…always thinking about how we can improve.

I am never bored, time never stands still and I am happy in the present but looking forward to the future. I am happy to be able to see others succeed through education by the work that I do to help them achieve their goals.  I am still interested in virtual worlds for education, online education, and spend some time chatting with friends in Second Life and experimenting in there to see what will happen next.  My latest adventure has been to ramp up my efforts in art and digital art..here is some of my work:

elvirapsycho

Does the below look familiar?

bridge_over_a_pond_of_water_lilies_claude_monet_1899

buildingcollage
I have read a book or two.  Top of my list is Speed of Trust and Cold Comfort Farms..a little serious reading and a little fun!  I have   written a few blogs .. but my writing motivation has dwindled lately..hopefully that will pick up soon as I am starting anew class with Stephen Downes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment